- It’s been a really freaking long week. I’m just sayin’.
- I got the updated version of Blindsight uploaded at Smashwords and Amazon. It hasn’t yet been approved for premium distribution at Smashwords (because that seems to take FOREVER now), but you can get most formats between Amazon and Smashwords (it’s free at both), so if you’d like to read that last scene, go right ahead and download again. I’d love to hear y’all’s thoughts.
- After yesterday’s post about the Meh, I think the Magnificent Laurie McLean thought I might be ready to jump ship on Red in favor of Sexy Next Book. There was discussion of steel toed boots (with my permission) if I didn’t manage to get back on the wagon by the end of next week. Really, she should have just brought out the Pants of Shame. Because holy crap, what a motivator. Still, after all that, I wrote over 1600 words today. They weren’t necessarily fantastic words and 600 got chucked because I ended up taking the scene in a different direction, but I WROTE and I got unstuck on that scene and finished it. FINALLY. Onward tomorrow.
- Can I just say how much I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow? It just bears mentioning again. I have not had nearly enough downtime from my boss.
- I’ve spent my weekend sleeping, cooking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and going to the local roller derby as photographer’s assistant. That was a lot of fun. I had a pretty decent number of keepers out of the bunch and got a few fabulous crashes.
- Regarding Operation G.I.T., I’m not going near a scale for a week. During my week away I was good in that I exercised EVERY DAY. Not as much as usual and definitely not enough to offset everything I ate, but minimum half an hour. I mean really, I got up BEFORE SIX to do this (as we were working 10-12 hour days). I did NOT work out today as I spent all of it parked on the sofa working on this scene. But otherwise, my goal is to get back on the healthy eating train, back onto the FULL workout train, and get my body fully reset, debloated, and back to normal. I’ll brave the scale next Monday.
- I finally figured out how I can combat (i.e. modify) crane pose. I’ve discovered that if I prop my feet against a closed door or wall to maintain my balance, I can actually HOLD the blasted thing for a minute. Maybe technically that’s cheating but I’ll never get my arms strengthened if I don’t modify it somehow so that I can actually DO IT. I say it counts because holy crap can I feel it today!
- Hope all the dads out there had a marvelous Father’s Day!