- The highlight of my weekend was the fact that I managed to fix the clogged drain line on my dishwasher. Perhaps this is sad, and testament to how dull my life is. I say it’s a testament to how much a DESPISE doing dishes by hand. Either way, go me. I fixed it myself.
- I’m sitting here this morning half-assed watching DVRed episodes of some of the cooking shows I like and being lazy. Hubs is out playing golf with one of his BFFs, and I’ve just been playing couch jockey. I don’t do this often, so I’m enjoying myself.
- I’ve been on a monetizing kick this morning. Susan told me about the Amazon Associates program, so I signed up and have been updating my links all over the place–on my book pages, the bit.ly links I use in my scheduled promo tweets, my popular posts, the live links in the actual books sold on Amazon. I don’t expect to get rich this way, but if I can make a few extra bucks a month without having to work for it, then yay. Maybe I’ll earn enough to actually pay for my CSS upgrade on this blog. If I get really motivated, maybe I’ll finally get around to setting up this blog for subscription on Kindle.
- I had a major Operation G.I.T. success this week: I am back in the next tens! Woo! This go around (since I started a loss trend again from earlier in the summer), I’m down 6 pounds. Long way to go, yet (another 7 pounds until I hit last year’s low, and 17 to get to my actual goal), but I’m really pleased. My latest crazy thing to try is the Slimpod. Basically it’s this track for your iPod that you listen to before bed that helps reinforce healthier habits via some kind of neurolinguistic programming or a kind of hypnosis. The guy has a lovely voice (he’s British), so it’s no chore to listen to before bed. Hubby thinks I’m nuts. I say, anything that will reinforce my making good choices, on whatever level, is a good thing. Other than that, I’ve gotten into HIIT (high intensity interval training) because I finally found the Seconds app for my iPhone that will do all the timing for me. So that’s all going pretty well. This morning is my last day of my first month of 8 Minutes in the Morning by Jorge Cruise. When I get back from my trip, I’m planning on starting the full on program from Tom Venuto’s The Body Fat Solution.
- Next week I head to Tennessee to go see Susan, Andrew, and Lauralynn. We’re converging on Susan for an informal meet up and I CAN’T WAIT. There will be baking and hiking and SHOP TALK. It’s gonna be awesome. Plus I get a trip to the Levis outlet to stock up on the 529s that I’ve fallen in love with for, hopefully, cheaper than retail prices.
- I’ve felt like all kinds of FAIL on ROW80 since I finished Red. My plotting has been a slow and painful process that’s not going all that well. It’s like I’ve forgotten every principle of story structure since I finished writing. Susan has been kind enough to humor me instead of whapping me upside the head for all the newb mistakes I’ve been sending her. I think I’ve finally settled on a proper FPP for both Devil’s Snare and my first kitchen witch book, so I’ll be working on moving forward from those points on both books. Whichever one has a finished and properly functional outline first is what I’ll work on next.
- So my goal for the remainder of Round 3 of ROW80 is going to be to finish one or both outlines. I’m determined to be ready to dive into another book for the start of Round 4 on October 3rd. I’ve been off for…basically a month other than writing lots of interviews and guest posts for the Redtour and I’ve been going insane. I don’t like not working on SOMETHING fiction. And I am building up a mega, major case of page fright. So…yeah, you should expect angst kittens.
- The Red blog tour continues today at the blog of one of my top commenters, Marilag Lubag! I’m talking about Snow White.