- First off, the writing went pretty well this week. Nothing Monday or Tuesday, 624 on Wednesday, a whopping 2034 on Thursday (to make up for Monday and Tuesday), and only 134 on Friday because it was Birthdaypalooza and we never even broke out our laptops until right before bed.
- Birthdaypalooza was AWESOME. Very little sleep was had, and I am totally okay with that. I cannot remember the last time I hung out with people with whom there was NO SILENCE. I mean, I’m not a woman who is afraid of silence, but as soon as everybody arrived…
Totally wrong music but I couldn’t find the original clip from Mamma Mia. Anyway there might have been zombies, a few classic cars, and three hot Irish brothers who were very disappointed to find out we’re all married. What happened in Birmingham stays in Birmingham. There was lots and lots of shoptalk. Went to bed at 2. Up at 8. More shop talk. A three hour lunch before we all had to finally get back on the road. I was so so sad to see them go.
- On the way home, I stopped in Tuscaloosa and met Bobby Mathews. His son Noah has possibly the most pinchable baby cheeks I have ever seen. And gorgeous blue eyes. We had a lovely conversation at Joe Muggs with more talking shop (are you seeing a theme–I totally never get to hang out with other writers IRL) and food (which we all know is my other passion).
- I did a fair bit of shopping on this trip. Not really much in terms of time, but picked up several things. Stocked up on meat and cheese and assorted other supplies at Sam’s, grabbed a dystopian YA anthology at Books-A-Million, and picked up wine (Mississippi has lousy importation laws and there’s a lot of good wines I just can’t get at home) and some new bowls at World Market. When I got new dishes at Christmas, the point was to downsize the dishes physically to help with my portion control. But the bowls that came with that set are GINORMOUS and I can fit my head in them (almost), so I picked up some nice small bowls for me. Which brings me to Operation G.I.T.
- So I ate out EVERY SINGLE DAY Monday-Saturday this week. I feel a great deal of UGH for this because a) lots of food, b) I have very poor self control and frequently do not make good choices when I eat out (which is why I don’t do it very often). I’m not going near a scale, but I’m SURE I’m back to where I was after Christmas. AGAIN. I was also very short on my workouts this week due to the injuries earlier in the week and not being home at lunch to do my midday workouts. So the name of the game this week is salads and soups with clear broth, lots of veggies, and hitting it hard on the workouts. I’ll give it a week to flush my system and then weigh and see what the damage is.
- Today is going to be nuts because I must Do All The Things that haven’t been done since I was gone. Laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, and we have a bridal shoot this afternoon. And somewhere in there I need to workout and get words, so must get going.