- Today is supposed to be a running day. So not happening. My feet are KILLING ME. Yesterday hubs and I shot a wedding and I was on my feet from 8 until 3:30. In loafers rather than dress shoes (I had the sense to realize that I’d be crippled in that time span if I was wearing dress shoes). And I was still nearly crippled. I think short of going to the wedding in running shoes, I’d wind up nearly crippled. Girl shoes SUCK. Came home and used my foot bath, which helped a little but…yeah. Everything hurts. So yoga later.
- My excitement for the morning was the discovery of gluten free flour tortillas. Jenny Hansen made a post updating us on life without gluten. After a week she’s starting to get in the groove and she mentioned these gluten free teff tortillas from La Tortilla Factory. As this is THE ONE THING I have not been able to duplicate gluten free, I was ecstatic and ordered a case (since, of course, no one carries them here).
- Our big plans today are to mostly veg. We have a few things we HAVE to do–replace the garage light fixture, finish laundry, grocery shop, pick up the house and get all the camera gear put away–but otherwise, the name of the game is REST. And maybe take a nice long walk with the pups.
- I got up the guts to weigh yesterday and found that last week’s intensive cardio blast paid off and I was back down to where I was before all the eating out. Thank God. We’re gearing up to start the Sonoma Diet here tomorrow in an attempt to tackle hubby’s insulin resistance. He’s just had a tough time of it since he broke his leg 2 years ago. I did Sonoma myself to great results several years ago (it’s like the foodie’s diet), so this certainly isn’t a hardship on me. Gotta sit down and do some menu planning this morning. Wave 1 requires a bit more thought on my part than the diet proper, particularly for portable lunches for him, so I’d like to sort out the full ten days of what I plan to cook.
- Today kicks off Read an Ebook week. In honor of the celebration, all my books are 50% off at Smashwords with the use of this coupon: REW50. Valid March 4-10.
- ROW80 hasn’t gone particularly awesome the last few days. I didn’t get anything written on Thursday because I was out of town for work and then tired (though I did sort out how to fix a scene in DOTH that wasn’t working). Nothing on Friday because as soon as I got home we started discussing how this wedding was going to go. Nothing yesterday because of the actual wedding. I’m hoping to take advantage of the quiet here in the next little bit to start working on fixing that scene. But no big. I will catch up. And I think I had enough overage in my WIP500 words that I had the wiggle room.
- On a reading front, I’m in the middle of a bunch of novella anthologies right now. I just picked up Angel’s Flight by Nalini Singh (anything by her goes on my automatic buy list) and I’m totally enjoying reading about Ash and Janvier. I’m also working my way through Wild and Steamy, a steampunk anthology including Meljean Brook (LOVE her Iron Seas books) , Jill Myles, and Carolyn Crane. Given my attention span the last couple of weeks, these have been right up my alley. Nice bite sized bits of story that I can knock out in a couple of exercise bike sessions.
- We’re getting ready to attack the obscenely long list (at 24 items and growing) of stuff we need to do before listing our house for sale again. It’s time. I’m dreading it. Although once the house is at show-worthy clean again, that will be nice. I am particularly dreading remulching everything. That’ll be a project for next weekend, weather cooperating. I’ll start on the nice easy stuff today–like tossing the curtains in the washer. The whole thing makes me tired and irritated because we did this for 8 months last year with no results. I hope like hell we sell this time because WE NEED SOME MORE FREAKING SPACE AND A SECOND BATHROOM.