- I am happy to report it has been a lovely, low key weekend with NOTHING GOING ON. I spent all day yesterday on the sofa, writing while hubs watched TV. I didn’t even have to leave my house for the day. It was great.
- We invested in a new Weber grill on Friday (and BOY was it an investment…those things are EXPENSIVE…but we decided it was worth it, as we spend that much replacing the cheap grills for the amount of time the good ones are supposed to last), and initiated it with some kebabs. We grill out year round, so this is definitely well worth the money.
- I have decided I need to switch my jogging days to Monday, Wednesday, Friday because summer decided to show up two and a half months early. Those are the only days I get up early enough that I MIGHT be able to jog through the liquid masquerading as air around here. Seriously. Nearly 90 with the heat index earlier today. We’ll see how that goes. I haven’t run in over a week.
- I also decided I need to sort out a blend of the Tone Every Inch and Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle programs. I love the arm exercises using the bands and weights from TEI, but the leg exercises just suck and are awkward. We’ll see how that goes.
- I’ve been doing some plot trimming in DOTH this weekend. I had a lot of partial scenes I’d written out of sequence as they occurred to me during Round 1. Two of them I wound up combining into one, and one I adapted to preface a totally new scene that I need to finish today. I feel like I’m finally getting back into this. Still need to finish my pages for the day, but currently I have a sleepy puppy in my lap and it’s making ME sleepy.
- On the house front, I planted my St. Joseph on Thursday during the pouring rain. We had a showing on Friday and another schedule for tomorrow. I’m trying to be patient and have faith. Patience has never ever been a virtue I was blessed with. And I’m such a control freak that I have issues with stuff that’s not in my control because I’m very much of the opinion that no one is going to work as hard on my behalf as me. So faith…yeah isn’t a strong suit either. I’m a work in progress.
- I’m nearly done with traction. I hope. It’s a twelve week protocol, and I have 2 more visits to go, then xrays and reassessment. Please dear GOD, I’d like to be finished. I want my lunches back to write. Or run errands. Or do any number of the things I usually do over lunch other than have my neck dragged by 40 pounds of weight and a harness. Worth it to avoid back surgery and spinal degeneration but I’m ready to be finished.
- Yeah, I’m pretty boring just now. Glad of it. Going to give in and nap with the dogs. Later gators.