- I’m sitting here in the silence with my cuppa tea this morning, looking out the window at a gorgeous, cold, sunny day, and I just can’t even tell you how happy I am. Holidays with family are fun, but I so appreciate the quiet. On my list of things to figure out before we have a kid is how to train him or her that you don’t talk to Mommy until this mug is empty. I will probably be cursed with a morning person. Which means kid will take after MY mom and dad, who are the only morning people in the family–to the extent that I sometimes wonder where I came from.
- Now that it’s gotten cold (not that I expect it to stay that way) and we are well and truly into the holiday season, I’m craving cheesy Christmas movies and contemporary romance. Apparently I’ve got high standards for the latter, as I’ve downloaded a half dozen from the library and not gotten past the first few pages of any of them. The voices aren’t snagging me. I nabbed another six this morning, so we’ll see what floats my boat. It’s also got me thinking about this Christmas romantic suspense idea I had forever ago, that I’ve spent the last couple days trying to convert to fit the contemporary romance series I’d like to write.
- I haven’t written in six days. And I’m okay with that. I think my brain needed the break. After two record breaking word count months, getting to this last stretch of Act 4 has been kind of mentally rough and I’ve been stuck. After having a bit of a rest this week, I think I’m ready to dive back in and do the big push to finish.
- I’m aiming to knock out another 5-6k by the end of November. Then I’ll do a big push to finish DOTH in probably the second week of December. While it’s out with my CPs, I will be plotting out my next project and working on Riven. I’d like to be able to get through Act 2 of Riven by the end of the year, but that’ll be during holidays when family is around again, so I may not have as much time to write as I would like. We shall see.
- I’m going back to running tomorrow. It’s been two or three weeks during which time I’ve been doing yoga and other things. But currently my yoga routine is short enough that I can do it during lunch, and there’s something I get out of running on a mental level (beyond the whole calorie burn) that I’ve been missing, so back to it, cold or no. I ordered one of those moisture wicking shirts for winter running, so that should be more comfortable than what I’ve been wearing. I think it might be time for a new running mix. A change from Army of Two.
- It’s also big time back on the healthy eating band wagon between now and Christmas. The leftovers are gone (but for the turkey I intend to make into turkey tetrazzini today), and we need to do some damage control. I’m off to plan the week’s menu.