Okay, so I got tagged by Kendra Highley for WIP Update. It seemed the thing for a Monday post. Except, of course, I hit the publish instead of schedule button. So here it is.
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Already did. Um, except that the characters I was talking about then (the post was back in 2011) are not who the book is actually ABOUT. The original plot got laid aside, and last fall I came up with a different story to go with the cover. I do not recommend working in this order…
3. How many words are you into it?
~54,000. I’m in Revision Hell
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
Not operating on word count at the moment. By the end of the week I’d like to be through Act 2. That’s 5 scenes that need fairly significant edits, so it might be pushing it. But I’m gonna try!
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
~50-60k. The first draft came in right around 54k, and, so far, with all my Act 1 edits, it seems to be hanging out in that neighborhood still.
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
Shooting to have it out the door in July sometime.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
But as someone caught her bag and yanked her backward, Marley knew that no one in this God-forsaken place would hear her scream. (Not actually page 5, but nothing there made sense out of context).
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
It’s the latest in my Mirus series.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
I’ve been away from this series for a LONG TIME. Finding that voice again has been tough.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Going back to a world that I really love, that I’m comfortable with.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
Sleep. And finally getting to dive into Sexy Next Book.
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!
>> Jess Witkins