- It’s August 25th and I am totally sitting here watching White Christmas. I make no apologies. My excuse–not that I need one–is that I’m writing about White Christmas in my current WIP and I wanted to refresh my memory (not that I REALLY need a refresher—I can damn near quote every word of the movie).
- I’m trucking right along on Be Careful. 7161 words in the last week. It’s going to end up being some longer than the original 25k I planned (I know, we’re all shocked). The characters have really come to life, and so as the town (which I intend to use in a series), so that’s necessitated some expansions. I’m really excited about it. The whole thing makes me grin like an idiot. So I am adding a goal for myself to finish the first draft by the end of Round 3.
- It’s been a super productive week at the Evil Day Job. I’m aaaaaaalmost finished with my new class. Just 2 more assignments left to write and 2 more lecture videos to edit. Well one of them needs to be re-recorded. Somehow I got way off on where I was in what I was saying vs. what slide I was on. I CAN fix it in editing, but it would actually take less time to re-record it.
- I’ve got a date with my girlfriend this afternoon to go see City of Bones. Now I love the crap out of these books. I’ve let myself get SUPER excited about the movie. Been listening to the score by Alti Orvarsson all week. I just hope hope hope that they don’t screw it up.
- Off to go finish chores. Today’s workout is more yard work. Woo! Not really… But people driving past our house are totally hearing “Welcome To the Jungle” as a soundtrack.