- The sounds of construction outside my office window have been giving me an eye twitch this week. It looks like they’re building a big ass concrete bunker. In fact it’s a building that will be housing some kind of fancy pants servers. I don’t care what it is…the sound of heavy construction equipment BEATING THINGS like a hammer is making is SO flipping hard to concentrate.
- I’ve made the executive decision to NOT try starting this next book until I’m back from my trip. There’s enough problem getting rolling without getting started and then getting immediately out of whatever groove I start with. So I’m going to refine some plotting and READ this week.
- I’m doing a lot of menu planning at the moment because when we get back from our trip, we’ve decided we’re doing an allergen elimination diet. Which means cutting out gluten (did that), dairy, soy, corn, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, and eggs. So two weeks cutting ALL that out (which, dude, is HARD–at least one of those things is in EVERY MEAL WE EAT) and then gradually adding stuff back in to see how we feel. I’ve spent all this time learning about food intolerances and nutritional endocrinology and such for hubby, and I’m thinking it’s time I applied what I’ve learned to myself. I just…haven’t felt right in several months, and I’m starting to have a lot of the symptoms he had in the early days before we figured out the gluten intolerance for him. So we’ll see how it goes. :prays I don’t have to cut out eggs or dairy for life: I’m planning out EVERYTHING we’re eating for those 2 weeks because it’s too much of a challenge to figure out off the cuff.
- The weather has turned cold again, which I usually like, but it’s got my nose doing its best impression of a faucet. I swear, Mother Nature has been BIPOLAR this winter! I don’t think hubby has been able to breathe in months.
- At the Evil Day Job, Monster Grant is SUBMITTED. It’s been out of my hands for a few days, but it’s officially out of the University’s hands entirely now. Thank God. I’m now staring at an inch thick pile of articles to read for a lit review for the next one…No rest for the weary.
- I feel like there’s more news that I’m forgetting but, I can’t think of any so…tune in tomorrow for the latest edition of Three Awesome Things.