- We survived all the storms just fine.
- I have done no writing since The Great Flood. Not beating myself up over that. Did a little plotting but, eh. Whatever.
- I spent last night IN MY OWN BED. There’s still some work to be done on the house, but we’re back in it for a little while until that’s done. It was so nice to use my own shower this morning. The dogs are happier, though poor Daisy has been traumatized. With all the displacement of furniture, she thinks we’re moving again. And of course before we went over to my in laws’ to stay the last several days, ServPro brought in A WHOLE BUNCH OF EVIL VACUUM CLEANERS (really ginormous fans, dehumidifiers, and the industrial shop vacs, but she doesn’t quibble over distinctions, she just barks at all of them in grievous offense). Bless her.
- Am playing catch up at work today. Between being out for The Flood, and two days of the university closing early because of the storms, things are all kinds of not normal.
- I’ll be spending the next few days putting everything that can be put back, back. And at least I’ll be able to more efficiently organize the displaced stuff so that it’s less disruptive.
- Did I mention I SLEPT IN MY OWN BED? The awesome of this cannot be overstated.