- Well after standing us up on Monday because he forgot it was Memorial Day, the painter finally came yesterday. Hubs had to take off to be there for it, which worked out because then he was HOME and we spent lunch putting the house back to rights. The sheetrock guys are coming back this afternoon to put the ceiling fan back up (because we sure don’t have a ladder that tall) and get paid (the guy’s terrible record keeping means that he didn’t have the info to send an invoice and had lost my phone number…he better be glad I’m honest). All that’s left is for me to iron the curtains and get THEM put back up. Y’all, I can’t even tell you how happy I was to be IN MY CHAIR in it’s RIGHTFUL PLACE and to have my office back to usable.
- I am officially back to drafting, though that’s been going slowly. I finally hit that point where the story’s really deepening for me in my brain and a lot of character arc details are solidifying, so I’ve been taking the time to actually detail that in each scene in my outline so I don’t forget to talk about it. I’ve also had some new characters pop up. Well, not new exactly. They were already in the story, just peripherally mentioned. Since I’ve decided to pair them up, I wanted to flesh them out further and plant the seeds for that in this book.
- This morning I finished setting up my classes for summer. I’m so grateful they finally updated the version of Blackboard we’re using. It’s much easier to copy over courses and update things than what we used to have to do.
- Hubs and I went to see Godzilla this weekend. I liked it fine…it was very much a Godzilla movie, very focused on the human element. I prefer it to the 1998 remake, but I definitely prefer Pacific Rim.
- If you’re an Audible user, here’s a $10 coupon that’s good through late July. I’m trying to decide what to spend mine on. I COULD go ahead and put part of it toward the Whispersync of both of the Cousins O’Dwyer books (which I’ve read and loved) from la Nora. Dragons and Dirigibles by Cindy Spencer Pape isn’t in audio yet, or I’d have nabbed that. It’ll keep for a bit.
- Both Once Upon An Heirloom and Be Careful, It’s My Heart are out of their KDP Select exclusivity period. You can find them at Barnes and Noble and Smashwords, at present, and they’ll be popping up at Apple, Kobo and others over time. Kobo in particular seems to be hella behind loading anything given they’re still crunching all the influx of the Sony customers that got transferred to them.
- This weekend:
- Now that all the main seasons of…almost everything we watch has ended, hubs and I are finally catching up on the backlog of DVR. What summer shows are YOU most looking forward to?