- Well, I just finished Act 1 for TY. Again. This ended just over 25k, which is FAR more on target for my end goal of 100k than the bloated first draft. I’m just shy of 40k overall and am on target to hit my midpoint (I got to keep several scenes from the first draft in Act 2) in another couple of weeks. That puts me…about a month behind schedule with the detour. I can live with that.
- We’re dog/house sitting for my in laws this weekend. There are snoozing furbabies everywhere, which is a soporific way to spend Sunday afternoon. Now that I’ve gotten my daily wad in, I’m going to go talk hubby into a double feature for the night. Either The Mummy or Pirates.
- I conclude that there is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of men for the foul horror that is packing peanuts. On Friday morning it was bright and sunny. So I hauled out the ridiculous collection of boxes that had accumulated in the garage and set them out for garbage pick up. Between then and when I got home, Mother Nature threw a hissy fit of a storm, blew most of the boxes a quarter mile away into the pasture, and emptied a ginormous one FULL OF PACKING PEANUTS all over the lawn of the most persnickety, perfectionist neighbor we have. So right after work on Friday, we got to rake and shop vac up all of those. In the drizzle. My back hasn’t forgiven me yet for all the stooping.
- I finished reading Dragons and Dirigibles this morning. It was a quick, entertaining read, though I felt like parts were a bit rushed and more told than shown than some of its predecessors. Not that it’ll stop me from eagerly devouring number 8 when it comes out in September. Because Pape totally dropped a BOMB at the end of the book about THAT couple and I have to know how she rectifies it!
- Next up, I think I’m moving on to Half Moon Harbor by Donna Kauffman. It’s the second in her Bachelors of Blueberry Cove series. I really enjoyed the first one.
- I feel like there should be more news, but…I got nothing, so I’m off to get dinner started and set up our double feature.