- I spent a lot of time on businessy stuff this week. My pre-order is all set up for To Get Me To You (that announcement is here), and I’ve got a sale starting on Forsaken By Shadow to run through the end of October. I had to do a bunch of updates to the site and set up various and sundry promotional things, so that all took up a fair bit of my time.
- That being said, I’ve still cranked out 7100 words on To Get Me To You this week. I need to keep or crank up that pace between now and the end of October, which is my self imposed deadline to finish and get this book to crit partners, so that I have ample time to finish revisions before the December 8th release.
- Several new residents showed up in Wishful this week. One of them popped up yesterday with a full novel in tow, so as I’ve been caffeinating this morning, I started a toolkit for that and am getting the details down.
- I’m pretty sure my brain has simply become the town of Wishful these days. And every character that pops into my head strolls through downtown and ponders whether or not they want to stay. Several characters from very old and poorly developed concepts have up and decided to move there. Which is great. It’s fine. I love having plenty of ideas. I’d just appreciate it if they’d slow down a bit and hold their horses until I’m finished with the book I’m currently working on!
- Mississippi State beat LSU last night. First time in fifteen years, and the most yards LSU has EVER given up since their current coach took over. Very proud of our Bulldogs!
- I’ve got sausage balls in the oven. My girlfriends and I are having an Outlander wedding party tonight. Double feature with last week’s episode and last night’s. I’m taking a couple bottles of prosecco to toast with, and one of my friends made Claire and Jamie a wedding cake. Because, yeah, we’re THOSE FANS. It should be a lot of fun!
- There’s probably other news, but I’ve been up since way too early this morning, and need more tea.