- Three scenes to go. Usually I wouldn’t be making this post until later in the day when I’d gotten in my Sunday writing, but we’ve got a friend’s birthday this evening and, frankly, my brain isn’t awake enough to form proper prose yet, so I figured I’d do this now, then go make a second cup of tea.
- I’m sitting just under 9k for the week, and I’m SO. FLIPPING. CLOSE. If not for yesterday’s football and the two birthdays we had to celebrate this weekend, I might’ve finished today.
- But there was football. And it was ugly. The Bulldogs won…barely. That was not our proud, number 1 in the nation team playing Kentucky yesterday. Dak’s injured, and we’re all worried about Alabama. And Ole Miss…OMG, I don’t even want to talk about that last idiotic play. Every single person watching knew Bo was going to throw an interception. I don’t know why Freeze didn’t. Rebel fans are not happy.
- I’ve been jogging again now that it’s cool in the mornings. I never thought I’d be one of those people who missed it when I wasn’t doing it. But I enjoy watching the sunrise and there’s just something that really soothes my brain about doing it (the running–although the sunrise is soothing too).
- After seven days of carb detox, I was down 5.5 pounds and I feel a hundred times better. Which is what happens when you eat nothing but lean protein and fresh vegetables for a week. Yesterday was cheat day–because birthday party number 1. Those potato chips and buns almost made me weep with joy. And today will end up being a partial cheat with dessert (I’m making GF/DF brownies, and DF ice cream), but whatever. Birthday number 2. Then it’ll be back on the wagon tomorrow. Still need to do my menu planning for the week. I’m not particularly concerned with following the strictures of any particular diet. Just looking at overall reduction of carbs and general elimination of the processed crap that had crept back into my diet. This isn’t about fat loss (although I wouldn’t complain if I dropped a few pounds) but about feeling my best. And I’m really proud of myself for having finally made that mental transition where I’m not obsessed with the number on the scale, not using it to define me or my self worth. That’s a hard socialized thing to break, and I’ve been working on it for years.
- Need to get to that second cuppa tea, do the next couple loads of laundry, bake the brownies, bathe the dog, and get this scene done . Onward! This bad boy is getting finished this week, come hell or high water!