- It’s blustery today. I can hear the wind howling outside the house. With the level of noise, I totally expect it to be FREEZING and the kind of weather you have a nice fire and hot chocolate to ward off the chill. But it’s supposed to be about 70 today, I think. Bleh.
- The Rebels rallied and beat the Bulldogs last night in the Egg Bowl. As they’re both my teams, I’m a lot less squicked about it than a lot of folks. The Dawgs did not play well, IMO. And it makes me sad for them because it was an amazing season, and I teach several of those boys.
- I have entered that stretch of the year when my brain is kind of obsessed with writing some kind of Christmas themed…something. That’s actually where Be Careful, It’s My Heart came from 2 years ago, though it’s not actually a Christmas story. It just so happens that the production the community theater is putting ON is White Christmas. In an effort to distract myself from the game last night, I fiddled with a few concepts to see if anything sparked for me, and I finally hit on a kernel of something for a possible Meet Cute. So I’m going to play with that a little today and see if it turns into anything more than a strictly academic plotting exercise. If it grabs me enough to rip it out, I might squeak out one more release this year. But I won’t hold my breath.
- Meanwhile, I really need to make up for the last two days of lost words on She’s Got A Way, the Wishful novella I started this week. I got about 250 words on Friday, but nothing yesterday. I’m about 2300 words into the story, so not far at all. But the characters themselves are coming easy, so I just need to buckle down with some quiet. I might take myself up to the coffee shop later this afternoon, just for a change of scenery.
- In other news, To Get Me To You is OUT and on sale at the introductory price of $2.99 for ONE MORE WEEK! Grab yours before it goes up to $4.99! To those of you who have already bought a copy, thank you! To those who’ve left reviews already, you are amazing! Reviews are SO SO IMPORTANT (not just for me, but for any author) because many of the promotional opportunities out there for us use number of reviews and average number of stars as a metric for weeding out the wheat from the chaff. Plus, it helps other readers decide whether to give a book a try. So if you enjoy someone’s work, PLEASE consider taking a few minutes to leave a review to help an author out! You can get yours from Amazon, iBooks, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.