- Well, I’ve had an unexpected short week at work due to a cold. I can’t remember the last time I had a true cold and not allergies or a sinus infection. It always makes me think of that scene in You’ve Got Mail where Joe comes to bring Kathleen flowers and tucks her into bed. I’m well past the exponential kleenex use and on the back side, having been regularly dosed with vitamin C, zinc, echinecea, a variety of essential oils, and about a million cups of tea.
- I’ve spent my time off watching a lot of Netflix, watching Christmas movies with hubby, doing a marathon of the Hobbit movies in preparation for going to see the third one sometime soon, and reading. Refilling the well has been good. Now that the pressure is gone in my head, I’m ready to finally dive in to my pal Claire’s latest YA masterpiece, Winterspell. It’s inspired by The Nutcracker and I’ve been waiting until I had a long stretch of uninterrupted time so that I could wallow in it because she has such gorgeous prose that it isn’t a sipping sort of book.
- I have discovered this week that Sudafed makes me plot like a maniac. I’ve been bunnied repeatedly and have been making scads of plot notes on new things and already planned things, so I’ve been semi-productive, despite having not actually written prose in more than a week.
- I spent a little time last night looking at my production schedule for 2015 and making some adjustments. It’s…ambitious. If things go according to plan, I’ll have 2 Wishful novellas, a Wishful novel, and another short novel unrelated to Wishful. As things seldom go according to plan, I expect that I won’t quite be done with the Wishful novel by the end of the year (as it’s the last on the docket). But we’ll see. And there are always room for a few Meet Cutes if I get inspired. A lot of it will depend on what’s going on at the Evil Day Job and how many drafts it takes to get these various projects done. From straight word count and single drafts, it’s easily doable, but I’ve learned that with very rare exceptions, I don’t DO single drafts. I rarely do full follow up drafts, but there’s almost always significant revision.
- Hubs and I will be cleaning in spurts today to get the house ready for Christmas. Yesterday we picked up some of the clutter and tackled one of the bathrooms. The holidays is always a time for a deep clean since the relatives are coming and we (or at least I) have a little more time. I expect we’ll also watch The Grinch, which is the only one of our Christmas repertoire that we haven’t gotten to yet.