Last day of the year. Always a good time for review and reflection. 2014 was the year of the contemporary romance for me.
- I put out 4 titles this year. 3 Meet Cute Romances (Once Upon A New Year’s Eve, Once Upon An Heirloom, Once Upon A Coffee) and the first novel in my Wishful series, To Get Me To You.
- I wrote 318,561 words. Of that, 228,153 were prose, 81,641 was plotting on 22 different projects. Running out of ideas will never be a problem. Of that prose, I had a 37.9% rate of “waste” as it were–with revisions, edits, etc. I’m hoping to get that down some next year.
- I averaged 26,547 words a month, which is up 32.5% from last year.
- I wrote 291 days, an average of 1,095 words a day. That’s up from 279 days and 862 words a day from last year.
- I read 77 books this year, not counting the 4 I’m in the middle of now. That’s down a bit, but I spent a LOT of time writing this year and didn’t get through as many audiobooks as I usually do.
- I fell in love with Monarch of the Glen, Modern Family, and Hart of Dixie. I still haven’t gone back to Downton Abbey–I can’t forgive them for the end of Season 3.
- I’m still shipping Olicity on Arrow.
- I went to my first RT Reader’s Convention in New Orleans, which was hella fun. I met quite a few of my online writer pals, and I also found several new favorite contemporary authors, among them Candis Terry.
- Other favorite new authors include Kam MacKeller and Cindy Spencer Pape (The Gaslight Chronicles).
- I survived my first year being dairy free. I’ve adapted pretty well, dropped 7 pounds from last year, and seem to be past the angry phase (most of the time).
- I went back to taekwondo after a fifteen year hiatus. I’ve spent the last 6 months relearning everything up to my current belt level and unlearning some bad habits from my original school. I’m hoping to test in January or March.
All in all, it was a very productive year. Here’s to 2015 being even better.